Disclosure: We were provided two adjustable wall mounts from HIDEit Mounts to facilitate this review. All opinions are 100% my own.
As we finished up the downstairs renovations in our home, we started thinking about how we would incorporate our TVs and electronics back in so that we can maintain the organization and look we created. For us, that means hiding all of the cords. And that meant new outlets behind the TVs as well as new mounts. It was glorious, no more cords.
Then Christmas came and my son received a PlayStation 3. We love it because it’s a Blu-ray player and he loves it for Disney Infinity. But there I was, staring at cords hanging from the TV once again after all that careful planning. It was extremely frustrating. When I was contacted by HIDEit to review one of their game console mounts, I jumped at the chance.
There was just one more dilemma though: we have two TVs and one PS3 that we move between the two. So I asked my contact from HIDEit if it was easy to take out and swap the PS3 between two adjustable mounts and she said absolutely. When we received our mounts, here is how we set it up:
- First, we measured where we would put the PS3. For the smaller TV in our front room, you can still see the PS3 but we placed it in a great position on the bottom left corner. Easy to access and looks like it’s part of a design. In the living room, the PS3 just fit behind our 55″ TV and you can’t see it unless you stand to the side. After all the work on the fireplace, this was very important to me.
- Once the mounts were up, we put the TVs back on their mounts and started placing the cords we needed for the PS3. This is the important part: we needed two HDMI cables and two PS3 power cables that we could leave plugged in at each TV when we move the PS3.
- Now we just loosen the four screws (two top and two bottom) on the HIDEit mounts to take out the PS3. See our video below to see how easy it is!
One thing my husband kept raving about was how the mounts curve to accommodate the PS3. It fits perfectly and securely within the mount. What can you mount behind your TV with HIDEit Mounts?
- Cable & Satelite boxes
- Blu-ray players
- Game consoles
- Apple TV, Roku, and other media players
- Security equipment
- Controllers and accessories
Now I know you’re curious, so here are my before and #AfterHIDEit pictures:
Front Room Before
Front Room After
Living Room Before
Living Room After
I’m not exaggerating when I say the HIDEit Mounts have been one of the best additions to our house yet. Make your life a little easier and your entertainment setup more organized and grab a HIDEit Mount for your space.
Disclosure: We were provided two adjustable wall mounts from HIDEit Mounts to facilitate this review. All opinions are 100% my own.0